Your role on the team
Senior Backend Engineer (Go-lang)
Full-time. Fully remote within CET±2
What you will be doing
- Developing backends that will run in Kubernetes, i.e. microservice development. At Just, the primary backend stack is Go servers implementing gRPC APIs with Postgres a backing database. We also use Redis for caching, RabbitMQ as a message bus, and Open Policy Agent for microservice authorisation.
- Collaborating with cross-functional product team members to develop valuable features for our customers. You'll specify and implement gRPC APIs, define service boundaries and responsibilities, optimise existing functionalities, and help with rolling out changes to our cloud architecture. You’ll also be responsible for our databases schemas and interactions, ensuring that our the analytical procedures run on financial data sets are high performant.
- Improving other aspects of our backends, for example: improving security, making logs more useful, writing integration tests for service-to-service communications, optimising hardware resource utilisation, and improving application speed and performance.
- Constantly deepening your understanding of our business domain and archetypical customers so that you're better equipped to deliver customer value with your teammates.
- You have extensive experience developing backend applications in one or more languages and have experience with a variety of database technologies, including SQL.
- You have experience with several API technologies, transport protocols, and open standards (e.g. REST, gRPC, GraphQL, WebSockets).
- You are experienced in containerising applications, and also have experience deploying and operating containerised apps to Kubernetes or similar orchestration systems.
- You are helpful in building a sense of shared platform ownership with DevOps engineers, and are proactive during technical incidents, or code reviews to ensure platform stability and scalability.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
Also good if
- You've worked in a financial domain previously or have otherwise built knowledge of financial markets.
- You are passionate about security and secure-coding, with an understanding of authorisation and authentication schemes.
- You are passionate about DevOps and want to learn more.
- You have publicly available projects and code that we can take a look at.
- You have experience working at early-stage startups or fast-growth companies.
Technologies we use
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, StencilJS, Redux, Stylus, GraphQL
- Backend: Go, Java 11, NodeJS, gRPC, RabbitMQ, Open Policy Agent, PostgreSQL
- Platform: Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Hashicorp Vault
- Tooling: Your choice of new laptop, GitLab, Bazel
Please send us your CV/resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct applicants only. We're not open to outsourcing firms or recruiters at this time.