Your role on the team
Senior dev-ops engineer
Full-time. Fully remote within CET±2
What you will be doing
- Maintaining our cloud-managed Kubernetes clusters, and ensuring that our application is always available and stable for our globally distributed clusters.
- Developing platform tooling for your colleagues so that they can deliver features more efficiently, and improving our monitoring and telemetry capabilities so we have better insight into our technical operations.
- Improving our CI/CD pipelines and removing any and all manual aspects of cloud configuration and deployment. You could also expect to implement more advanced deployment strategies (e.g. blue/green, canary).
- Promote DevOps internally, helping to build a culture in which engineers proactively cross functional boundaries to share solve problems more quickly and share knowledge.
- You are fluent in the world of Kubernetes, and have extensive experience implementing Kubernetes controllers and integrating operators to automate the operation of critical components.
- You have worked with one more cloud providers, including via configuration-as-code tools like Terraform.
- You have some background in writing application code and are competent with a variety of API technologies, transport protocols, and open standards.
- You are helpful in building a sense of shared platform ownership with feature developers and are proactive in diving into application code during technical incidents, or code reviews to ensure platform stability and scalability.
- You're seated ±2 hours of the CET timezone.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
Also good if
- You are familiar with monorepo tools, particularly Bazel.
- You are passionate about security and SecOps.
- You have publicly available projects and code that we can take a look at.
- You have experience working at early-stage startups or fast-growth companies.
Technologies we use
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, StencilJS, Redux, TypeScript, Stylus, GraphQL
- Backend: Go, Java 11, gRPC, RabbitMQ, Open Policy Agent, PostgreSQL
- Platform: Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Hashicorp Vault
- Tooling: Your choice of new laptop, GitLab, Bazel
Send us your CV at email@example.com, and feel free to drop links to a project you're built previously if you'd like to.
Direct applicants only. We're not open to outsourcing firms or recruiters at this time.