Your role on the team
Backend Engineer (Go-lang)
Full-time. Fully remote within CET±2
What you will be doing
- Developing backends that will run in Kubernetes, i.e. microservice development. At Just, the primary backend stack is Go servers implementing gRPC APIs with Postgres a backing database. We also use Redis for caching, RabbitMQ as a message bus, and Open Policy Agent for microservice authorisation.
- Collaborating with cross-functional product team members to develop valuable features for our customers. You'll design and implement APIs and systems with the team to deliver customer value, and optimise existing functionality as well.
- Improving other aspects of our backends, for example: improving security, making logs more useful, writing integration tests for service-to-service communications, optimising hardware resource utilisation, and improving application speed and performance.
- You have developed a variety of backend applications in one or more languages and have experience with SQL databases.
- You have experience with several API technologies, transport protocols, and open standards (e.g. REST, gRPC, GraphQL, WebSockets).
- You have some experience in containerising applications, and also have experience deploying and operating containerised apps to Kubernetes or similar orchestration systems.
- You are helpful in building a sense of shared platform ownership with DevOps engineers, and are proactive during technical incidents, or code reviews to ensure platform stability and scalability.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
Also good if
- You've worked in a financial domain previously or have otherwise built knowledge of financial markets.
- You are passionate about security and secure-coding, with an understanding of authorisation and authentication schemes.
- You are passionate about DevOps and want to learn more.
- You have publicly available projects and code that we can take a look at.
- You have experience working at early-stage startups or fast-growth companies.
Technologies we use
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, StencilJS, Redux, Stylus, GraphQL
- Backend: Go, Java 11, NodeJS, gRPC, RabbitMQ, Open Policy Agent, PostgreSQL
- Platform: Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Hashicorp Vault
- Tooling: Your choice of new laptop, GitLab, Bazel
Please send us your CV/resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct applicants only. We're not open to outsourcing firms or recruiters at this time.