Java Software Engineer
What you’ll do
- Design and develop highly-reliable and scalable foreign exchange trading systems using the latest technologies and tooling (see below for details of our stack).
- Work in sprints with engineers, a product manager, a UX designer and other team-members to build high quality products that our users love.
- Continuously learn new things, and improve our engineering practices and processes.
- Take decisions which shape the company and our technology from the very earliest stages.
You should apply if
- You have demonstrable proficiency with Java 8 (or later), and functional programming (we don’t mind which language).
- You’ve built high-throughput, low-latency systems. This might be trading or payment systems, but could also be for telecommunications, video streaming, ad tech, or many other things.
- You can practice modern software development techniques such as unit testing, continuous integration & distributed version control, and care deeply about the quality of your work.
- You hold a good Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other STEM subject.
It would be good if
- You hold a Master’s degree in software engineering or other relevant field.
- You’ve built financial systems. Trading systems using protocols such as FIX are even better!
- You have publicly available projects and code that we can take a look at.
Technologies we use
- Trading system: Java 8, LMAX Disruptor, Netty
- Backend: Java 8, Vert.x, RxJava, PostgreSQL, Go, gRPC, RabbitMQ
- Frontend: React, TypeScript, Stencil.js, GraphQL
- Platform: Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Tooling: Your choice of laptop, GitLab, Bazel, Slack
We can offer
- An early, talent-packed start-up adventure with a world-class team
- Work on some of the most challenging engineering problems out there
- Competitive compensation package including participation in an employee equity program
- Flexible working arrangements and a healthy work/life balance
- Time to participate in regular, company sponsored innovation days
- Sponsorship to attend an industry or trade conference of your choosing annually, expenses paid
- A chance to live and work in Oslo, if you're not already here
- Free lunch (yes, there is such a thing!)
Feel free to send us your CV/résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org.